Go Back   American Cichlid Association Forums > General Discussion > Equipment and Do It Yourself

Notices

Equipment and Do It Yourself Fishrooms, fish stuff and just good ideas to keep the places running smoothly.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

ACA 3 for Free! Check it out...
Unread 01-09-2010, 8:48 AM   #1
aquamojo
ACA Cadre/Publicity Chairman

Usergroup: Administrators
Global Moderators
ACA Cadre
Last Activity: 08-01-2014 10:28 AM
ACA 3 for Free! Check it out...

Greetings,

As many of you might know, I am on the Board of Trustees for the American Cichlid Association. What you might not know it that I have also been elected to Chairman of the club. It's an honor and a privilege to serve in this capacity. It's a new year and a new decade. Over the past several years we have undergone a period of change that I believe lays the groundwork toward making the ACA more in tune with the times.

Also in our rear view window is the hybrid debate. After years of discussion, often heated, the club has assumed a position of being educators and not regulators. The decision to include or not include in the various shows and conventions goes back to the host club. Our stance as an organization is to endorse not only conservation in the wild but also in the hobby. To this end we will continue to talk about the species of cichlids while hopefully understanding that our beliefs may not always fall in line with the beliefs of others.

One of our main goals is to encourage fellowship…an association of people who share common beliefs or activities. I would hope that as we move forward we are all able to discuss all aspects of the hobby in the spirit of fellowship.

Many years ago one of the benefits of being a member was access to hard to find fish though the club's Trading Post. Now many vendors on the forums and internet fill that need. The same goes for cichlid information. Prior to the internet if you wanted to know more about the cichlid species you picked up a book. Things have changed. The hobby has changed and continues to evolve. It's been my belief that one of the main tangible benefits of being a member of the ACA is the Buntbarsche Bulletin - Journal of the American Cichlid Assn. It's an excellent publication that provides relevant articles about all aspect of the cichlid hobby. Alone...it's worth the price of admission. As a member, you not only get the latest BB, but also have access to the .PDF versions in the members section of the site...254 issues. dating back to the 60's. And we are working hard to continue to bring more to our members.

Now through the end of March you can get a first hand look at the BB Journal. Fill out the information at this link and I personally will send you the last issue of the BB and the next two issues absolutely FREE and with no obligation to join. If you like the magazine and want to be part of an organization that continues to support cichlid conservation and research, we would love to have you as a member. If you get one and don't want anymore...just send me an e-mail.

Thanks for taking the time.

Mo

Three For FREE!!!

Here's a link to the next Convention